Ancient rainforests, sandy beaches and deep, clear blue seas make Stewart Island a place of rare beauty and solitude. Combined with a temperate climate and lack of introduced predators, it is a haven for wildlife.
Discover New Zealand’s third and southernmost island – Stewart Island. Each day will bring something new – rambles along deserted beaches, wildlife encounters, kayaking, guided walks through lush rainforest, cruises in the stabicraft, or, if you prefer, the opportunity to relax on deck amidst the sensations, scenes and moods that is the island.
Following your voyage from Bluff, you’ll explore Stewart Island's eastern shoreline, including the renowned wildlife sanctuary of Ulva Island.
- 6 day expedition cruise (5 nights)
- Great facilities, friendly crew and outstanding food on board the purpose built Milford Wanderer
- On-board specialist nature guides who provide informative commentary & evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest & along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Visit historic sites & abandoned settlements
- Tender craft & kayaks for exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Invercargill