Just because you’re escaping civilisation doesn’t mean you have to go without its
comforts. Our vessel, the Milford Wanderer, is a modern motorised vessel that has been purpose built for navigating southern New Zealand.
Designed along the lines of a traditional sailing scow, it has old world charm combined with modern facilities and the latest in safety equipment.
Your sleeping quarters on board the Milford Wanderer are warm and comfortable (two passengers per sleeping compartment) with a maximum of 32 passengers per departure. All linen and towels are provided.
Delicious meals prepared by onboard chef. The galley is well provisioned and all meals are catered; including morning and afternoon teas. In fact Discovery Expeditions are famous for their delicious and plentiful home-cooked meals, so you certainly won’t go home hungry!
- Open bridge policy - chat with the skipper during the voyage
- Kayaks and small motorised craft available for passenger use
- Modern bathroom facilities with hot showers (shared facilities)
- Power points are 240 volts and available 7am – 9pm, while the main generators are operating.
- There are no laundry facilities
- Complimentary tea and coffee available at any time
- Well-stocked, licensed bar on-board with plenty of room to relax in the main saloon. The Milford Wanderer is not licensed for BYO so please leave any alcohol at home.
- A range of natural history/ wildlife books and board games.