Discover the remote south-west fiords of Breaksea and Dusky Sounds at a pace that lets you connect with their rich and spectacular landscapes. With more than 350 islands, these incredibly beautiful fiords offer many idyllic spots for mooring and trips ashore.
Our 5 day Dusky Sound Discovery Expedition will also take you to Doubtful Sound, well known for its wildlife, including fur seals and a resident pod of bottlenose dolphins.
You will cruise in the wake of Captain Cook on his historic 1773 voyage to seek out the hypothetical Terra Australis.
- 5 day expedition cruise
- Includes a one-way or return helicopter transfer (see Prices and schedule for details)
- Great facilities, friendly crew & outstanding food onboard the Milford Wanderer
- Specialist nature guides provide informative commentary & evening talks
- Guided walks through rainforest and along beautiful deserted shorelines
- Visit historic sites and abandoned settlements
- Tender craft and kayaks for exploration of the coastline
- Coach connections from Te Anau and Queenstown at extra cost